Monday, May 7, 2012

Warby Parker's at Home Try-On

Warby Parker

One of the best online purchasing experiences I've ever made was from Warby Parker, an online-only glasses store. One of the biggest consumers faced when buying glasses online was how they were unable to see how they looked in the glasses. They preferred going into stores where they could try on glasses.

Many online stores let up upload a picture of yourself and see how you look with the glasses superimposed on your face. This looked fake, and didn't help consumers make decisions very well. Warby Parker decided to do things differently. At warbyparker.com, you can order five different frames and try them on at home for free, with free shipping both ways. They included a box and labels for you to send the glasses back after you've tried them on. Customers can then place an order, and have 30 days to return their glasses, no questions asked, with free shipping.

I went through this process, and I loved it. I got to try on my glasses, see how they looked in the mirror, and ask my friends and girlfriend for their thoughts. I was actually able to get more opinions than I would if I went into the store. It was great advertising for Warby Parker as well, because everyone was curious why I had five pairs of glasses in my apartment and asked me about it. The whole process, from choosing my five try-on pairs to receiving my actual glasses, took only a week, and I never had to leave my apartment. I enjoyed my experience so much that I bought my sunglasses from the site, and I plan on purchasing my next pair of glasses from Warby Parker as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment