Monday, May 7, 2012

Amazon.com - A possible shopping addiction!



I always shop at Amazon.com for something I need/want whether I am looking for something cheap, or something superior. 

Here are reasons why I am pretty always happy shopping on Amazon.com:

1.     I like their search engine. Sometimes, I don't need to think of the whole term or phrase of what I am looking for because there are always suggestions showed below the search bar. When I get to the long list of item, their filter and sorting tools are good enough to help me save my own time.

2.     I've been trusting the customers' reviews for every single product on Amazon.com since people started rating them. To be honest, those reviews do influence my purchasing decision dramatically.

3.     To compare with EBay, I prefer Amazon because they have such simple checking out setup as well as saved items lists (Wish list, Save for later option). Moreover, if any of the items I have saved has its price changed, I will receive notice about that when I take a look at them in my Wish list, or Save for later list.

4.     Going back to the simple checking out setup, I really have to say that it’s simple, and secured. Really! After being an Amazon customer for a while (or I can say after Amazon has been tracking my purchasing habit for a while), I have the option to purchase with one mouse click. I haven’t tried it yet because I am really conservative of what I purchase; I want to see step by step payment process and things like that. But anyway, the normal checking out setup is not that complicated. I put in my information, and I get my information saved, and protected by Amazon. Somehow, I trust that process more than allowing a third party to process my purchasing information (PayPal).

5.     Prime option: free 2-day shipping. The Prime option was free for 1 year for students (now it’s only free for 6 months) or else it’s $50/year. However, I think it’s a pretty good deal.

6.     Their packages always arrive on time and secured and in good shape. Most of items I purchased on Amazon have Prime option. Those items were shipped with either UPS or FedEx. I have to say that Amazon does have such strong relationship with those 2 shipping agents since I am very satisfied with my package delivery.

7.     If shopaholics think that returns only matter at Nordstrom, they should start to think again. Amazon return policy has been superior to me. I bought my textbook, it was the wrong one, I got to talk to a representative online and got the book reordered and shipped within 1 business day. I bought a hair crimper and tried it for 1 month then decided I didn’t like it and wanted to return it.  I didn’t get to talk to someone online but I got refunded (well, it wasn’t perfect but that eased my ego to get mad of buying a bad product, a lot).

Just normal return is simple as well; I just need to put the item back to the box that it came with, put on new labels provided online by Amazon, and drop the package off at any UPS location. The return expense is paid by Amazon. Great!

8.    The experience is consistent regardless the product I am purchasing. Awesome!

I haven’t really met anyone that doesn’t have such great experience with Amazon. Such a great company they are! I am not saying I am an Amazon’s fan. I am not worshipping the company. I am just saying that I can trust them enough to give them my money for the products and services I want/need.

Hope you enjoy my post!

-         Hien


 SMILE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment