Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Pleasant Online Shopping Experience

At first, I was interested in TOMS for a reason, which is, buying a pair of shoes for a good cause. Its "One for One" slogan intrigued me. After doing some research on its charitable project that mainly focuses on giving a pair of new shoes to the people in need in many developing countries, I was determined to check out TOMS' shoe collection on its website and make a purchase. I browsed the website thoroughly, there was quite a large selection of models and colors. I found each model of the shoes unique and interesting. After some considerations, I decided to purchase the classic model in black. Although I have chosen which one to buy, I was not sure about the shoe size. There on the product's page, I found a sizing guide which I think was quite helpful. However, other customers' reviews on the same page are the key factor that made me feel so sure about the size that would perfectly fit me. Furthermore, the website features a page where customers who have purchased TOMS' products could post a video review regarding their purchased item. Customers are able to freely express their opinions on the purchased product. Using these features, I found out the classic type runs big, meaning that I needed to size down for the classic model that I was interested in buying.


The ordering process was relatively quick and easy. I needed to jot down some personal information such as name, billing and shipping address, and credit card information. The personal information saving feature is great in a sense that it allows me to save time when making future purchases on the website. I agreed to receive e-newsletters from TOMS regarding promotions and new products, and made an account for quicker ordering process in the future. Then, I took a final glance at the order summary and realized that there was a shipping fee to my order, but it actually was not that bad. After reviewing, I finally placed my order.


After a couple of days, I got my pair of brand new TOMS shoes in my mailbox. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a different color than I expected. I ordered black and TOMS sent me the navy one. I wanted an exchange for the black color that I ordered. Then, I contacted the customer service through e-mail and Facebook wall post. Surprisingly, the customer service team from TOMS replied my e-mail message in less than 12 hours and responded to my wall post in less than 5 hours. Through both the replied e-mail message and Facebook wall post response, I was given the step-by-step instructions on how to exchange an item. I followed the instructions given and my shoes were exchanged without any extra charges. Overall, it was a pleasant online shopping experience as I got what I wanted along with an exceptional customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment