Thursday, April 12, 2012

Seattle Aquarium useage of video

As I mentioned in my last post, I found that the Seattle Aquarium has only about 39 videos on their Youtube channel which is kind of rare for a three year channel. I think they can post more interesting video about the lovely creatures in the Aquarium so that people will pay more attention to the Aquarium. For example, there are two interesting videos bring to my attention while I was glancing over their Youtube channel which are "Octopus vs. Mr. Potato Head" and "Sea Otter Pup Learning to Dive". "Octopus vs. Mr. Potato Head"  is a video about a giant pacific octopus at the Seattle Aquarium retrieves food out of a Mr. Potato Head doll. I found this interesting because they feed the octopus in a way I will never think of. Although I am a big fan of Mr. Potato Head, I still think it is fun to watch.

 

On the other hand, "Sea Otter Pup Learning to Dive" is about a 6 week old sea otter, Sekiu, at the Aquarium trying to learn how to dive. It is a fun and cute video to watch. I think I would like to visit the Aquarium and meet Sekiu face to face after watching such a cute video.

I am not sure that the above examples will whether or not bring people's attentions, and yet, those videos attract me, and I would like to visit the Aquarium. Therefore, I think if the Aquarium can upload more interesting videos, they can attract more "viewers", and I believed that some of the viewers will become their visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment