Thursday, April 12, 2012

More Viewers, More Public Awareness


My project client, Childhaven, has a very nice video on youtube and shared on Facebook, called We Love Childhaven .... this video was uploaded on youtube on February 13th, and has 344 views.  This two minuets short video is sharing reasons why workers at Childhaven love working there, and couple kids also put comments saying, “he loves Childhaven because he feels safe”.  It is a well-made video, and it is not like videos which obviously amateurs created just for fun.  However, it has only 344 views only.

< We Love Childhaven.... > this video was requested not to embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY6908LTgCI&feature=relmfu

I used to sing with my friends and upload videos on youtube, and I remember we got more than 400 views within couple months.  Also, less than a month ago, I recorded Pike st from Pike Place Market, and uploaded this very usual scene on youtube, and it has 72views already without sharing on Facebook with my friends, which means people who watched my video were totally random. Some Childhaven video has only 54 views, so basically my meaningless street video have more viewers.

My meaningless video < Seattle at Pike st and 1st Ave >


Childhaven already have a lot of supporters and strong public awareness, but they can always do better.  I would recommend them to have more tags on videos to spread their videos all over the nation.  This video has only six tags, such as video, slideshow, animoto, nonprofit, child, and abuse.  Child, abuse, and non profit are understandable to tag, but I have no idea why Childhaven didn't even tag “childhave”.  It is the most important word they should tag, and there are bunch of tags I can think of, such as anti violence, child right, NPO, etc.  Tagging words doesn't cost us anything, and this will dynamically generate clicks on youtube, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment