Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Reflection

Internet Marketing was one of the most valuable classes I've taken at Albers. In the class, I learned valuable, relevant information that can be applied to businesses of any scale.

This class taught me that Marketing is all about relationships. Today, people can connect with brands in ways they never could before. Companies aren't only legally persons, consumers see them as persons, with personality. People recognize brands' flaws and redeeming qualities. The more the brand reaches out to its consumers, the tighter the bond becomes. Tighter bonds make brand's qualities appear more likable, and the flaws become easier to overlook.

I also learned the importance of interesting, relevant content. The internet has ushered in an age where trends can blow up globally in a week, and die out a week later. Internet marketing tactics from three years ago are outdated now, and certainly everything we learned in this class will be outdated within a few years as well. Now that I am aware, I am better prepared for change.

Finally, I learned of the power of mobile. The mobile web is fundamentally changing the old web. We demand access to anything, anywhere, anytime. Companies need to learn how to provide our seemingly insatiable demands.

I am glad I took this class. Some of our studies were timely, an others were timeless. Even if some of the things we learned may be outdated by the time we land jobs, we were still provided with a marketing framework that won't change for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment