Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Thoughts on Internet Marketing


When I first signed up for ECIS 462, I have to say I was not excited since I thought I did not have anything to learn about internet marketing. Being from the internet generation, what could I be taught? Boy, was I wrong. Over the last ten weeks, I have gained a vast amount of knowledge about internet marking. Aside from being one of the most intriguing classes I’ve taken here at Seattle University, it has also been one of the most useful.

Today’s marketing world is entirely different than what it was ten years ago. Today, the forefront of marketing is the internet, specifically social media. Marketers need to connect with consumers to build a relationship, so that a consumer will value your brand. Simple tactics such as communicating with followers on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and letting possible consumers interact with your brand (such as posting video or creating a mobile application), can be the best marketing for a business.

            With this said there are two up and comers in Internet marketing; social media and mobile devices. Businesses have to have a presence on all social media platforms to make meaningful connections with all types customers. This means commenting back to followers and starting conversations. The 80/20 rule will always stick in my mind.

            Mobile devices are also about connections with the consumer but in a different way. Mobile connections are through interactive marketing such as applications. Using an applications makes your business an experience that consumers can recall and have positive thoughts about. Both of these things are good.

            In addition to these two concepts, there are many more I have learned but that would take pages to tell you (pages we don’t have). Just know that this class is awesome and social media is the next marketing front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment